From classic womens pump heels to fun fresh iterations here’s the shoes we’re wearing and how to style them
Pump heels are back in style and go hand in hand with the quiet luxury, 80’s power dressing and preppy Mary Jane trends of 2023. While pointy toe pumps are a chic style staple that’s been around for decades, if not centuries, and may be a work outfit go to, it tends to go in and out of runway fashion. I have more than I care to admit to as I always love a pointy toe and high stiletto heel. Just when I’d relegated them to the top shelf, they’re back in style again! So get ready to give a ladylike finish to all of your outfits this summer and fall. Here’s the trending pump heel styles to know and the best styles to wear this trend in 2023.
This post contains affiliate links.
Are pump shoes and heels in style
Yes pump heels are back in fashion! As seen in Saint Laurent, Brandon Maxwell, Bottega Veneta, Valentino, Prada, and Loewe Spring and Fall 2023 collections. From classic pump shoes and Mary Jane pumps and Dior and Chanel to more sculptural heel shapes that looked dangerously close to breaking at Roberto Cavalli.
It’s one thing for styles to be a popular theme among various runway shows but you know it’s set to be an actual trend when all of the celebrities and fashionistas start wearing them in force and they’re certainly doing that.
One under the radar celebrity favorite brand who is famous for her Perfect Pumps is Sarah Flint. It might not be a name you’ve heard of but I can guarantee you’ve seen them. Sarah Flint high heel pump celebrity fans include Margot Robbie, Lady Gaga and Amal Clooney.
Almost every major designer showed their version of the classic pump this season, and the messaging was clear: the sharper, the better! And their sleek design goes along well with another major fashion trend of the season: statement shoulders on ’80s power dressing.W Magazine
What style of pumps are in style for 2023
You can never go wrong with classic pointy toe stiletto pump heels but if you’re looking for something fresh to change it up look for these styles this season:
- Crystal encrusted mid height heel pumps as seen at Dior and Stella McCartney.
- Mary Jane pumps as seen at Chanel.
- Slingback pumps as seen at Saint Laurent, Mui Mui and Gucci.
- Fun faux furry styles as seen at Givenchy and Stella McCartney.
- Classic pumps as seen at Prada and Carolina Herrera.
- Sculptural heels as seen at Ferragamo.
- Luxe fabrics like satin and suede as seen at Carolina Herrera and Givenchy.
- Bow accents as seen at Balmain.
Shop the best womens pumps for 2023 trending now
Here’s the shortlist of my top picks for the best women’s pump heels from under $50 to designer trending now. From best sellers to new releases and lots of sale finds from Jimmy Choo and more. If I had to pick just one, it’d be the Dolce and Gabbana rhinestone pumps that are on sale. PS If you shop any of the shoes from Italist below use code RF-220X-D9218D for a chance to win $500.
My favorite women’s pump heels for comfort | Sarah Flint
Sarah Flint shoes are known for their comfort, as well as their elegant and feminine look. What stands out is their discerning sourcing and commitment to how their luxury footwear is hand crafted in Italy. Their pricing is also fair for a luxury brand as they’re direct to consumer.
“I started this company because I wanted to make shoes women wore in their everyday lives that were actually comfortable and functional”Sarah Flint
I was nervous ordering shoes online from a brand I didn’t know but I find they run true to size in most styles. They’re such a great women’s pump for wearing with jeans, a top and blazer for everyday. As well as summer dressed or co-ord sets.
Celebrity Shoe Crush | Celebrities spotted in pumps
If you’re looking for fresh ways to style your womens pumps take inspiration from Ellen Pompeo, Meghan Markle, Lady Gaga, Amal Clooney, Margot Robbie, Ubah Hassan, Nicky Hilton Rothschild, Vanessa Hudgens and Anne Hathaway.
How to style womens pump heels
12 women’s pump heels outfit ideas from casual to glam to take you through all seasons:
- Metallic pants with a bustier and jacket looks glam without trying to hard.
- For minimalistic chic copy Vanessa Hudgens and style a black jumpsuit with black heels. Add a matching longline coat for colder days.
- Stiletto heel pumps always work with gowns for completing an elegant look.
- Add a statement piece like Nicky Hilton Rothschilds animal print jacket to an otherwise simple black outfit and heels.
- A sweater dress and closed toe pumps are perfect for transitioning from Summer to Fall or for Spring. Add texture like a faux croc leather trench coat like Anne Hathaway did with her black heel pumps.
- Pink is still trending so why not create a monochromatic look like Leonie Hanne did at the Michael Kors show. The more glam and the brighter the pink the better.
- Embody the Chanel aesthetic in Mary Jane pumps, a voluminous midi skirt and pretty white camisole top.
- Elevate a simple pair of jeans and denim jacket with any color pointy pump heels.
- Forever classic: LBD + black stiletto pumps.
- For a fresh take on the above go for a colorful pair of shoes versus matching black.
- With a sharp pants suit for workwear. The bigger the shoulder pads for 2023 and power dressing the better!
- With a shorts and blazer coord set to take the look from day time casual to a night time easy chic style.
Follow for more daily fashion & style
- The best women’s Amazon white cowboy boots hands down
- Women’s Birkenstock Gizeh sandals review | Comfortable hit or clunky fail?
- Gucci high heels sandals with crystals review | The most swoonworthy Gucci shoes for women I’m loving right now!
- 25 best pink high heels & shoes you need to slay your Barbiecore looks
- Pump heels are back! 25 best women’s pumps trending now you’re actually going to want to wear!