Find the perfect pair to complete your wedding guest outfit in style
The right wedding guest shoes is just as important as planning the rest of your wedding guest outfit. Wedding’s often mean long days in your shoes or on your feet and often involve grass, gravel and dancing. So the last thing you want is to be hobbling around by the end of the night instead of having fun. As a shoe blogger, you know that shoes never get overlooked as part of the outfit and I spend hours researching them. So don’t worry, I have you covered with the most stylish wedding guest shoes. From chic classic styles to statement making heels and sparkly beauties. As well as some that do better on grass and for outdoor weddings. Whether you’re looking for towering heels or flat wedding guest shoes, summer or winter wedding guest shoes, fashion or comfortable wedding guest shoes these are the very best of them!
This post contains affiliate links.
Versatile Nude Wedding Guest Heels
These shoes also come in pink but the nude is a really versatile color and a shoe you can wear more than just once. The heel is a little thicker in case it’s an outdoor wedding you’re going to or the reception’s on grass. I also like the fact the ankle straps adjustable if your feet swell throughout the day.
Comfortable & on trend mules
Comfortable, practical and right on trend. These mules also come in hot pink and green in sizes from 5-10. I love a spool heel for comfort and to stop sinking into grass. They’re also more stable than stiletto heels.
Pretty Wedding Guest Shoes
How stunning are these pretty pink and crystal closed toe mules. Satin tends to be quite a stretchy and comfortable material and the heel isn’t so high you can’t wear them all day.
Things to consider when shopping for women’s wedding guest shoes
Besides how much you want to spend, location and weather are big factors. Here’s some things to consider when choosing your perfect pair of wedding guest shoes.
- Do you get the outfit or shoes 1st? Normally it’s better to get the outfit and then the shoes and accessories.
- What’s the weather typically like that time of year? If it’s normally rainy, you’re probably going to want to avoid satin, suede or open toe shoes.
- Where is the wedding? If it’s on grass you’re probably not going to want to wear stiletto heels unless you have heel guards. Block, spool or wedges tend to be a safer bet.
- What’s the dress code? Whether it’s casual, beach or black tie will change your choice of footwear. You’re not going to be wearing sparkly stilettos at a beach wedding or wedges at a black tie affair.
- How long is the wedding and will you be on your feet a lot? As much as I’m all about the prettier the shoe the better, if it’s a long day I still want to be in as little pain as possible. I’m not talking Dr. Scholl’s but at least something that doesn’t pinch or rub. Padded insoles and some Hollywood Fashion Secrets Haute Heels spray designed to prevent sore toes, aching arches and pain caused by wearing heels or tight shoes, will take care of the rest.
Nude or black strappy heels are one of the most versatile choices if you want to be able to wear them again. They also go with most color dresses and gowns for all seasons. Except in the snow! They also work with both dresses and gowns and for most wedding dress codes. Just remember to break them in before wearing them out for the first time.
Wedding guest shoes don’ts
If you follow the tips for choosing your perfect pair of wedding guest shoes from above you should avoid all don’ts anyway. Most of the don’ts come down to not following the dress code or wearing inappropriate shoes for the climate or location. However casual the dress code, flip flops and sneakers are always an inappropriate choice for wedding guest shoes.
Find your perfect pair of wedding guest shoes
Whether you’re looking for a comfortable but stylish flat, yes flat wedding guest shoes are totally acceptable or towering stiletto heels I’ve rounded up the best of them here. From classic styles to versatile heels you can wear again, statement shoes and the hottest looks that are trending right now.