The most expensive shoes in the world will leave both shoe collectors & shoe lovers stunned. Shop or swoon over these luxury shoes
The most expensive shoes in the world are the sneakers and heels dreams are made of but often cost more than a mega mansion. These are currently the 24 most expensive shoes in the World from sneakers to stiletto heels. Surprisingly the top 5 are all women’s! So what is the most expensive shoe in the world? What makes these shoes so expensive? It’s a mix of availability, superior construction, luxury materials and brand name. Mainly due to the luxe jewel and metal embellishments. Think diamonds, platinum, gold and antique collectibles worked into the shoes. One brand and style totally dominates this list and it’s not Nike or sneakers! Keep reading to find out which 24 pairs that made the worlds most expensive shoes list.
This post contains affiliate links.
What is the most expensive shoe in the World
Here are the most expensive shoes in the World for both men and women. For men, the worlds most expensive pair of shoes are the diamond encrusted Ford Custom by Jason Arasheben and the most expensive mens sneakers are the Solid Gold OVO x Air Jordans. For women it’s the Moon Star shoes by Antonio Vietri coming in at just under $20,000,000.
24 most expensive shoes in the world ranked
The most expensive shoes in numerical order according to current valuation featuring both familiar and less familiar exclusive brand names:
- Moon Star shoes by Antonio Vietri $19.9M
- Diamond Shoes by Jada Dubai x Passion Diamond $17M
- Debbie Wingham high heels $15.1 M
- Harry Winston ruby slippers $3M
- Stuart Weitzman Rita Hayworth heels $3M
- Solid Gold OVO x Air Jordans $2M
- Stuart Weitzman Cinderella slippers $2M
- Stuart Weitzman tanzanite heels $2M
- Tom Ford custom by Jason Arasaheben $2M
- Kanye West Nike Air Yeezy 1 $1.9M
- Stuart Weitzman Wizard of Oz Ruby stilettos $1.6M
- Stuart Weitzman platinum guild stilettos $1.09M
- Stuart Weitzman “Marilyn Monroe” Shoe $1M
- Stuart Weitzman retro rose pumps $1M
- Stuart Weitzman Diamond Dream stilettos $500,000
- Kathryn Wilson charity pump $420,000
- Nizam Sikandar Jah’s shoes $160,000
- Buscemi 100mm Diamond $132,000
- Nike So Cal Air Force 1 Supreme Max $50,000
- Jordan X Eminem Jordan 4 Encore sneakers $47, 250
- Nike Air Mag ‘Back to the Future’ $36,000
- X Dior Air Jordan 1 High sneakers $15,225
- Khaite The Davis boot with crystals $12,000
- Jimmy Choo Exclusive Blake Crystal-Embellished Suede Knee Boots $10,000
Which of the worlds most expensive shoes are available to buy
A lot of the styles on this most expensive shoes in the World list are unavailable to buy. However, I’ve hunted down the one’s that are. You’ll find a lot of the exact shoes linked below but for the one’s not available online or that only 1 pair exist of I’ve linked the closest alternative from the same brand wherever possible.
For example, Stuart Weitzman has lots of million dollar shoes that made the list but if you don’t want to fork out 7 figures or can’t get hold of the 1 pair ever made and in existence I’ve linked the next best thing that you can actually buy.
Why are expensive shoes so desirable
Shoes a bit like watches are status symbols for both men and women. Having something no one else can get or that’s completely unnecessary but wanted is luxury. Which is why the uber wealthy and serious shoe collectors are willing to fork over huge amounts to get their hands on one of the worlds most expensive shoes.
How much is too much? What would you pay for the worlds most expensive shoes? Most of the shoes on this list aren’t in the thousands but in the millions. So if you’re looking for a beautiful, one of a kind gift or just to dream, these are the most expensive shoes in the world.
1. Most expensive shoes in the world – Moon Star shoes by Antonio Vietri $19,900,000
What are the most expensive shoes in the World? Topping the list are the Moon Star shoes by Antonio Vietri for just under $20 million. Right on trend for 2023, these solid gold platform heels are the most expensive pair of womens heels in the world right now.
Why are these shoes so expensive? Well beside the fact they’re made from solid gold and 30 carats of diamond, they also contain rare meteorite from 1576. Inspired by the Burj Khalifa, meticulously crafted and encrusted with diamonds these are definitely an investment showpiece rather than a pair you’d own to wear.
2. Diamond Shoes by Jada Dubai x Passion Diamond $17,000,000
These extravagant heels are made from real gold and are embellished With nearly 240 diamonds. Do not do a Cinderella and lose one of these on a night out!
3. Debbie Wingham high heels $15,100,000
These opulent stiletto heel peep toe booties are made from real platinum, pure gold and 24 carat gold paint and are the most expensive booties ever made to date. Commissioned as a birthday present and set with some of the most precious gemstones including pink and blue diamonds. Since unfortunately you’re not going to be able buy this exact pair, check out the stunning gold ankle boot options below.
4. Harry Winston ruby slippers $3,000,000
These were created to mark a historic moment rather than to be worn. They’re a replica of Dorothy’s ruby slippers from the Wizard of Oz. Why the $3 million price tag? These shoes feature 4,600 rubies totalling 1,350 carats and 50 carats of diamonds!
While you might not be able to get your hands on the Harry Winston ruby slippers you can get them on these stunning crystal embellished Manolo Blahnik’s.
5. Stuart Weitzman Rita Hayworth heels $3,000,000
At first glance you’d question the price tag on these heels that are one of the worlds most expensive shoes. They may not be covered in diamonds but they have a collectible pair of Rita Hayworth’s earrings placed in the center of the shoes which include diamonds, sapphires and rubies. Since they’re not for sale and are privately owned by Hayworth’s daughter, Princess Yasmin Aga Khan I’ve linked a a pretty alternative below.
6. Most expensive sneakers in the world | Solid Gold OVO x Air Jordans $2,000,000
Not just the most expensive Nike sneakers in the world but one of the most expensive shoes in the World. These 24K gold Nike sneakers makes each shoe weigh in at 50lb’s. So good luck walking in them!
7. Most expensive shoes fairytale inspired | Stuart Weitzman cinderella slippers $2,000,000
Inspired by Cinderella, these Stuart Weitzman shoes are one of a kind. For a Cinderella slipper you can actually shop and slip on, Jimmy Choo’s Cinderella slipper is custom made to order and personally, I think way more stunning. Shop them here.
565 Kwiat diamonds were set in platinum and twisted into a complex, lace-like design to make the toe straps and ankle. If that’s not enough, the right shoe houses a 5 carat amaretto diamond, which alone costs over a million dollars.Beautiful Life
8. Stuart Weitzman tanzanite heels $2,000,000
These princess looking, sparkling silver stiletto heels feature straps embellished with 185 karats of tanzanite and 28 karats of glistening diamonds.
9. Mens most expensive shoes – Tom Ford custom by Jason Arasaheben $2M
If you’re a man who likes sparkle these shoes are for you. Nick Cannon had these Tom Ford loafers customized by jeweler Aresheben Aresheben with 340 carats of diamond on both shoes. Apparently the shoes took a total of 2,000 hours to customize. So both the labor and carats explain the price tag.
10. Kanye West Nike Air Yeezy 1 $1.9M
Sold via Sotheby’s for the highest amount ever recorded for a pair of sneakers sold.
11. Stuart Weitzman Wizard of Oz Ruby stilettos $1.6M
Ruby slippers made the worlds most expensive shoes list twice! Inspired by, you guessed it, “The Wizard of Oz” movie these red satin heels have 642 Burmese rubies.
12. Stuart Weitzman platinum guild stilettos $1.09M
For the woman who likes diamonds, these stilettos feature 464 diamonds. What’s unique about these shoes is that the diamond strap is actually removable to that they can also be work as a necklace. Now that’s a great gift!
Platinum stiletto heels
Ok, so these might not be real platinum or real diamonds but these crystal encrusted designer sandals are absolutely stunning and a fraction of the price. Plus they’re designed to actually be worn not to be just kept in the safe or in a display case.
13. Stuart Weitzman “Marilyn Monroe” Shoe $1,000,000
Another collectors piece for the woman who loves old Hollywood glamour
But the elegant shoes weren’t actually worn by the actress herself. At each center of the shoe is a cluster of Swarovski crystals that were once earrings that belonged to Ms. Monroe.Godly soles
14. Stuart Weitzman rose gold pumps $1,000,000
Another pair of Stuart Weitzman heels to make the worlds most expensive shoes list. These retro style shoes designed back in the 1940s style by Stuart Weitzman. feature over 2,000 Kwiat diamonds and having a total carat weight of 100 carats.
15. Stuart Weitzman Diamond Dream stilettos $500,000
Almost half the price of the most expensive shoes ranked at number 14. These Stuart Weitzman heels are handcrafted with 1,500 diamonds, each worth 30 karats. Hence the half a million price tag.
16. Shoes for a cause | Kathryn Wilson charity pump $420,000
These are shoes with a purpose. Yes, they feature 21.18 carats of diamonds which took over 50 hours to apply by hand but these shoes were sold to raise money for the Royal McDonald House Charity. Christian Louboutin Kate Strass pumps are equally sparkly and fabulous.
While you can’t get Kathryn Wilson’s charity pump you can get Bottega Veneta’s crystal pumps which are still ‘IT’ girl status.
17. Nizam Sikandar Jah’s shoes $160,000
These historic, collectibles are embroidered with gold thread and covered in rubies, emeralds, diamonds and other precious stones. They’re definitely a collectors piece.
18. Buscemi 100mm Diamond high top sneakers $132,000
These white leather sneakers were first released in 2016 and feature 11.5 carats of diamonds set in 18-karat gold. If you don’t want to splurge 6 figures for a pair of sneakers, you can pick up the non-diamond version for under $1000.
19. Nike So Cal Air Force 1 Supreme Max $50,000
Another pair of Nike collectible sneakers to make the list.
20. Jordan X Eminem Jordan 4 Encore sneakers $47, 250
One of the most sought after sneakers in the world the x Eminem Air Jordan 4 “Encore” sneakers from JORDAN capture a high price tag. They’re one of the most hard to find sneakers from around the world but I’ve found the last one in a size 8 for you.
21. Nike Air Mag ‘Back to the Future’ $36,000
Released in 2011, these mens sneakers are for those who like a futuristic look or want a highly desired collectible pair of sneakers.
22. X Dior Air Jordan 1 High sneakers $15,225
There’s only a few of these x Dior Air Jordan 1 High sneakers still available. The brand collab and exclusivity make these one of the worlds most expensive shoes and sneakers
23. Most expensive boots | Khaite The Davis boot with crystals $12,000
These super glam boots are available online and perfect for undeniably statement making footwear. I’ve linked them from a couple of stores below since they have limited availability. You can also join the waitlist.
24. Jimmy Choo Exclusive Blake Crystal-Embellished Suede Knee Boots $10,000
These stunning Jimmy Choo crystal boots are actually available to shop online but there were only 3 pairs left at the time of writing this. The wedge style make these not just one of the worlds most expensive shoes but a pair you’ll actually feel comfortable wearing.
Shop the worlds most expensive shoes
Here’s where to get the World’s most expensive shoes as well as both designer and more affordable alternatives as many are privately owned one of a kind shoes.